Saturday, August 31, 2013

A l'occasion de l'inauguration de l'Alliance française de Cebu

English... for now.


Bonjour a tous!

21 October 2012.

The grandiose date I shan't disremember.

For some it's just something to shrug on or it's just an ordinary event for the sumptuous and famed, but to me, a young lady in my early twenties, it's like winning a lottery. It's priceless.

I was invited to join the Inauguration of the newest restaurant in town, The Pink House or in French La Maison Rose with the presence of one of the highly respected people en France, Monsieur Jean-Marc Ayrault, the Prime Minister. I'm not really a fan of politics but I sure am an avid fan of the French culture. I didn't know who Mr. Ayrault was until I did a little research. He is quite influential in his city, Nantes.


I really had no idea how this hap would start and end, but it sure gave me 1 week hangover! This event is outrageously prodigious that the memory is still fresh inside my head! This is indeed what I call a happenstance.


I don't know why I was invited but I like to thank my French teachers a million times for choosing me. If not for them, I wouldn't have experience such a classy party.


Well, days before the inauguration, my mother gave me some cash to buy new clothes and look french-ish. Here is a snapshot of me in the dressing room wearing this cloche with a black flower stuck to it. C'est tellement français. I bought this from Forever 21.



Oh here is the invitation but I mustn't show my real name.

Here are the what I call The 007 Group with their transparent wires around their ears and under their sleeves (Although in the picture you can't really see it). They serve as the bodyguards for the PM.

But what made my mouth agape was that these people look like Hollywood stars acting like FBI agents. So fine-looking les hommes! I felt like being in the movie. My role would be the innocent poor girl who was invited to this party and at the end, I left my freaking 30-dollar Oxford shoe because I felt like being Cinderella and hoping one of the French FBI agent would find it and chase after me.

It didn't happen so too bad for me. I felt like a destitute thinking this way but what the heck, this kind of event happens in an aeon. 





The picture on the right are the French guests. The four people scrunched up in the middle of the shot are my teachers! The lady in black from the left is Mademoiselle Alice, then Mademoiselle Sophie who shows her ardent smile, Quel un beau sourire Mlle. Sophie!, then you'd see Monsieur Matthias head behind her, and Madame Elise who's on her way to somewhere so her shot looks like that.




Now, I present to you the best candid picture ever.

This was the part when the Prime Minister was to enter the resto. We had to keep our distance. Thinking that I might lose my chance in getting an up close photo of the PM, I rushed to the front and readied my iPhone. It turned out pretty differently and outstandingly beautiful than I expected. One of his bodyguards smiled at and at that very moment, my camera caught a glimpse of this winsome beam! Concurrently, behind him, the Prime Minister was smiling too!

Isn't this picture awesome?



C'est moi under this gigantic umbrella-like with the three colors of France. I just went to the party with this simple look and french-ish (is it?). I love the ambiance. With all the French guests, it felt like I was in Paris. You barely hear people speaking in English or Cebuano. French, French, French everywhere. C'est superbe!


I tried to eavesdrop but I couldn't understand their conversation. They spoke too fast. I can't catch up with their discourse. Plus lentement, s'il vous plait! But I'm working hard on my French these days. I've come up with a French blog of my own sharing all my thoughts on it.





Let's not forget this! The Bonbon au Foie Gras! My teacher told me that this is one hell pricey dish served on Christmas. The best part is I get to it eat for free! C'est gratuit! C'est delicieux! 


I don't know if some restos here in Cebu serve Foie Gras but I would like to eat this again.

The first time I laid eyes on this uncanny dish, I thought that this was raw sushi wrapped in edible paper (I don't know what it's called). I am acquisitively driven to taste different sorts of dish. I did and this brought stars to my eyes. I love the taste. Quite sour like vinegar but then ravishing to eat



Last but not the least, here is a photo of me and my friends, and some French guys.

I like the gilt-edged, lofty overhead with the three colors of France. It looks so piquantly smart and vivacious. I wonder who the chic designer is.


This experience is too priceless and I will deeply cherish these memories. Being part of this inauguration cannot be paid with anything. It's like God is telling me that soon I will be able to set foot in France. He is showing me a fragment of my dream that is about to happen before long.

France, wait for me. I will see you anon!


No comments:

Post a Comment